The M1 Abrams is powered by a 1,500 shaft horsepower (1,100 kW) Honeywell AGT 1500 (originally made by Lycoming) multi-fuel turbine, and a six speed (four forward, two reverse) Allison X-1100-3B Hydro-Kinetic automatic transmission, giving it a governed top speed of 45 mph (72 km/h) on paved roads, and 30 mph (48 km/h) cross-country.
With the engine governor removed, speeds of around 60 mph (97 km/h) are possible on an improved surface; however, damage to the drive train (especially to the tracks) and an increased risk of injuries to the crew can occur at speeds above 45 mph (72 km/h).
Incoming search terms:
- how fast can a tank go
- how fast does a tank go
- how fast can tanks go
- how fast can an m1 abrams go
- how fast can an abrams tank go
- how fast can a m1 abrams tank go
- how fast does the m1 abrams tank go
- how fast does an abrams tank go
- how fast do tanks go
- how fast is a m1 abrams tank