The polar bear is an excellent swimmer and individuals have been seen in open Arctic waters as far as 200 mi (320 km) from land.
With its body fat providing buoyancy, it swims in a dog paddle fashion using its large forepaws for propulsion.
Polar bears can swim 6 mph (9.7 km/h).
Incoming search terms:
- how fast can a polar bear swim
- how fast can polar bears swim
- how fast does a polar bear swim
- how fast do polar bears swim
- how fast can a bear swim
- how fast can a polar bear run and swim